Working for a leading pharmaceutical company we are seeking a Country Trade Head / Commercial Head to lead the newly established Trade Management Function. Leading a team of 12 the ideal candidate will have in depth knowledge of the UK pharmaceutical markets and have worked with or implemented direct-to-pharmacy (DTP) distribution model.
- Owns Trade channel and customer strategies for the entire company portfolio, both for retail and non-retail channels
- Responsible for route-to-market decisions, including direct vs. indirect distribution,
- Responsible for segmenting and prioritising channels and customers, proposing the necessary resource deployment for customers at key account and PoS (point of Sales level) in close collaboration with the BU's and in line with the BU's strategies
- At key account level, being the one face to the customer, in charge of developing sustainable customer partnerships through joint business plans and customer development plans, responsible for the negotiation and coordination of the activation plan for the BUs
- At point-of-sale (PoS) level, being the one face to PoS for commercial negotiation, responsible for coordination of PoS activities and of detailing and other services vis-à-vis the PoS.
- Agrees negotiation strategy for key accounts with Divisions and owns the negotiation process (with KAMs as appropriate)
- Ensures effective decision-making and monitoring of Trade investments ('Revenue Management) via ownership of the Customer Account Profitability (CAP) and ensures the achievement of customer targets (sales, profit, service level, customer satisfaction)
- Ensures commercial excellence (capabilities, systems and processes) in the Trade channel via implementation of the Trade management cycle
- Ensures the effective operation and development of cross-portfolio* management in the Trade Channel
- Acts as the ambassador in the affiliate for trade customer centricity and proactively proposes customer solutions to the divisions
- Responsible for developing a single cross-divisional commercial policy (including discounts, payment terms, customer advantages and payments to point of sales such as service fees) based on BU inputs, ensuring its consistency, proposing optimisation's, arbitrages and alternative solutions ;
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of the UK pharmaceutical market
- Worked with of implemented direct-to-pharmacy(DTP) distribution model.
- Line management experience
- Customer Focus / strive for results - unearths customer needs and creates value and solutions to BOTH parties in medium and long term
- Strategic agility - ability to translate customer needs into a strategy which delivers long term benefits for the company
- Decision making - the ability to make decisions in complex and ambiguous situations whilst calculating risk
- Transversal cooperation - influence, persuade, and drive internal alignment
- Act for change - creating a compelling vision to proactively shift from a "product" to "customer" mindset.
- Company Bonus
- 25 days Annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental Cover
- Life Assurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Incentive Plan