An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global FMCG organisation, my client is currently seeking a Cost Controller. This role will be based in Central London. This is a 13 month contract role. You should ideally be immediately available, or on a maximum of 2 week's notice.
The Global Cost Controller Team is a core pillar within finance, controlling, budgeting and forecasting for €5b of central costs. The purpose of the team is to deliver the clients financial growth model by driving leverage in global costs. This is done by simplifying the central cost processes, providing transparency of cost information and driving costs to agreed benchmarks.
As global department controllers, they drive performance culture by defining clear performance targets and the information required to deliver these targets.
Delivery of central capabilities in terms of the Overheads costs framework and management, across the organisation (Global and Local Costs). Within this area, and with a white-collar cost base of €5b (local and global), the cost controller plays a leading role in bringing clarity on employment cost.
- Finance lead for the deployment of a centralised solution for people cost budgeting / forecasting / model inflation / FTE movements / tracking actual savings
- Project delivery: ensure the system becomes a key tool for budget holders to support management reporting, budgeting and forecasting of departmental cost
- Bring transparency and align communication between HR and Finance
- Providing HR with cost modelling for reporting
- Embedding information into cost reporting tool being developed to create sustainable cost reporting solution
- Business case design
- Consistency cross check, preparing audit tracking of the project
- Liaison with global functions to ensure implementation of the program
- Consolidation of restructuring needs & savings
- Lead P&L translation of transformation impact and target communication to budget holders
- Restructuring controlling: Monthly collection of actual project redundancy payment / restructuring provisions raised, comparison with forecast, raising central provisions to match plan and ensure correct overall costs are recognised.
- Savings controlling and forecasting
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Ability to lead project and communicate with HR, IT, tax, etc. stakeholders
- Ability to manage large and complex sets of data
- Demonstrated competency at growing & developing people/teams
- Experience in presenting and communicating with senior management