Our client, a leading Banking client, is looking for a Copywriter to join their team.
This is a contact position based in Central London running for an initial 3 months.
We require a Copywriter who has worked on major digital projects in large corporate environments. The content required is primarily marketing or promotional content, but also includes functional content and microcopy (i.e. instructions, labels, error messages, calls to action).
The successful copywriter will be responsible for creating and delivering content for all digital platforms, including websites, mobile applications, tablet content, emails, external marketing content, third-party sites and affiliate sites. You will be working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure that the content meets all necessary commercial and editorial standards.
- Work with UX, design and development teams to ensure a seamless user experience
- Responsible for ensuring all content on digital banking properties is consistent with our tone of voice and house style
- Ensure workflow is correctly followed and our audit procedures are adhered to for all digital change
- Manage sign-off process from first draft to final product, liaising with copy editors, product owners and regulatory stakeholders (i.e. legal, compliance)
- Ensure that all copy published on the site is of the highest editorial standards, written grammatically, with maximum impact and free from all typographical and other errors
- Be an exponent of house style, and ensure it is followed in all content across all digital channels
- Maintain a high focus on the customer experience on all digital properties
- Interpret and ensure appropriate and accurate application of brand guidelines in the copywriting process
- Have a clear understanding of business objectives, translating these into deliverables that drive commercial benefit and customer service improvements
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong experience working on digital content
- Experience of working on complex digital user journeys
- Experience in a large corporate organisation (not necessarily finance)
- Experience working on native applications, secure environments and forms using prototypes or wireframes provided by a UX designer or information architect
- The skills to promote the benefits of great content to non-digital and non-content people, and to negotiate with stakeholders and reach a satisfactory compromise on the final content
- Experience in working in an agile manner to flexible deadlines, delivering content to software developers
- Ability to work with a team of visual designers, UX designers, business analysts, front-end developers and project managers
- Ability to manage the copydeck from brief to delivery, collecting all sign-offs for audit trail and making any amends as necessary
- Ability to manage their own feedback cycle, sending all content to our copy editors and taking note of all change that the copy editors make
- Client side experience is essential, although a mix of agency and client side experience is acceptable.
- Must be self-starter, able to organise timetable and manage stakeholders
Skills in one or more of the following will be ideal..
- CMS/XML editors
- Content marketing
- Microcopy/functional copy
- Adaptive content
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance. For more information please contact Gemma Grayson on 0161 924 3949.