A successful FTSE 100 engineering support services organisation is looking to take on a Construction Superintendent to join an expanding team and work on a variety of interesting projects.
Based in Rosyth, the successful candidate will ensure the schedule, budget and quality is adhered to for all Commercial Projects during construction phase. The projects mainly focus around large offshore wind farms.
You may be involved in process improvement and new development for existing businesses and new products. Schedule management and resource forecasting are key deliverables with this role.
Main tasks and activities include, but are not limited to;
- Daily management of construction activities
- Adhere to scheduled and ensure project milestones are met
- Identify skill shortages / gaps and develop an action plan to resolve
- Develop Construction norms
- Adhere to CPI targets
As a core member of the management team, you will be the direct line manager for 20 FLMs (first line managers) and manage around 350 construction engineers and other blue collar workers.
Additionally, you will be required to meet Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) targets by setting standards of safe behaviours and integrating SHE into all aspects of the business as a routine.
It involves visibly demonstrating commitment to SHE performance and improvement, actively engaging with people at all levels to raise awareness of safe behaviours and attitudes, promoting a just culture;
- Ensure compliance with the SHE Management System, mitigating risks and improving overall SHE performance
- Provide suitable information / instruction / communication for the team to undertake all activities in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Demonstrate strong and active leadership for SHE, setting high standards across all areas
- Construction qualification - ideally Degree/HNC
- Construction Experience - knowledge of a wide range of commercial construction projects, processes and practices. Application of construction techniques within large commercial contracts, ideally from an oil and gas or renewable background
- Application of performance measurement techniques - ( including Earned Value) in large Commercial contracts (or similar complexity)
- Excellent communication skills - able to liaise with a variety of people and have the ability to clearly present data.
- Team Management experience - demonstrable experience in managing large teams
- Proactive attitude - a self motivating individual who is an effective time manager and able to meet deadlines, whilst solving problems when necessary.
- Proficient in MS Office
Company Information and Proposition
The job has been created due to company growth and project wins. There will be opportunities for UK and overseas travel and is an excellent opportunity to really make a difference as the department expands. Due to the size of the company, there are excellent opportunities for career progression.
This is a 12 month FTC - there may be opportunity for an extension, or for the role to be made permanent depending on workload.
Salary: £42,000 - £51,021
Hours: 37 hours, Mon-Fri
Security: Must be eligible for SC Clearance
Location: Rosyth with occasional UK travel
Start Date: ASAP
If you feel like you possess the skills and knowledge of a Welding Superintendent, then please apply to this job to discuss how we can accelerate your career.
Call on 01179 309 732 or send your CV