Health and Safety/Asbestos Management/Legionella Management/Compliance
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Technician to join one of Europe's leading Defence & Technology Organisations, within their Engineering & Operations division. This is a permanent role based at various sites in the South of the UK including; Farnborough, Southend-On-Sea, Salisbury etc.
It will be your job to co-ordinate the management and performance of key compliance activities, across the region; serving as the responsible or competent person in respect of asbestos and legionella management.
- Co-ordination of asbestos management requirement for the region; ensuring effective maintenance of site registers, inspection programmes, and training / information needs.
- Co-ordination of legionella management requirement for the region; ensuring effective maintenance of site risk assessments, implementation and monitoring of control regimes and tracking of ongoing performance.
- Co-ordination of the statutory inspection schedule, ensuring and supporting implementation to requirements; including monitoring of any follow-up / corrective actions through to delivery.
- Provision of reports on compliance performance and escalation of issues or risks to appropriate levels in the Group Property function.
- Analysis of compliance arrangements and performance, identifying and proposing opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain an understanding of changes in relevant legislation, Codes of Practice and guidance; ensuring awareness of developing and good practice.
- Understanding and experience of Asbestos and Legionella management requirements
- Understanding of key health & safety legislation: PUWER (Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations), LOLER (Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment Regulations).
- Organised, driven, enthusiastic
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Legionella: BS1 Role of the Responsible Person, plus either BS23 Water Systems or WHO 010 Control of Legionella within water systems.
- Asbestos: P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to be considered for an interview, apply online today.
If your application is shortlisted you will receive a call from Paul Perkins who is the recruiter managing this vacancy.