My client, a well known global media company based in the city of London, is currently seeking a Compliance Analyst to join their team on a 6 month contract.
You should ideally be available or on a maximum of 2 week's notice.
This position will act as a member of the Corporate Compliance team (International Region) ensuring that internal controls are adequately designed, documented, tested and compliant with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 act.
The position will be responsible for validating and executing the Corporate Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance strategy, and will assist in the implementation, coordination and execution of Sarbanes-Oxley 404.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Provide the business units with guidance and a framework for implementing SOX 404, based on Corporate strategy
- Ensure that the business units in the region comply with the provisions of SOX 404
- Guide and assist the business units in their evaluation/design effectiveness, summarization and documentation of controls to address process risks
- Guide and assist the business units with process/control review and update, in-line with relevant business and change initiatives
- Develop and review control test plans
- Manage and perform testing of controls to evaluate operating effectiveness
- Provide support during external and internal audit process
- Ensure that the SOX repository tool is maintained/updated on a timely basis for the region
- Guide and assist the business units, in the region, to utilise SOX as a means of implementing best practices.
- Drive project initiatives under guidance of the Director, Corporate Compliance for a wide variety of tasks including, financial process transformation and Sarbanes Oxley initiatives.
Skills & Competencies
- Educated to degree level
- Part/Newly qualified in a recognised finance qualification
- Minimum 4 years of finance experience
- Experience in internal controls compliance
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and other regulatory compliance is essential
- Process and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to present to senior level management
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Personally motivated and able to work under pressure