We currently have an opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our Commercial Team working within Defence Systems Technology (DST), Bristol. DST is a business unit in the Marine & Technology Division
To provide commercial management to the Marine Systems Support and Equipment Management business to ensure the financial and commercial interests and obligations of the Company are optimised and completed in a timely fashion. This role will also support a wide growth agenda that will provide continued sustainability both through organic and new.
- To serve as a focal point of contact for customers and key stakeholders (internal and external) regarding contractual matters by establishing and managing good customer relationships and communications.
- To provide support and guidance to the business regarding pricing, terms and conditions and commercial issues as well as regulatory requirements.
- To provide a key proactive and collaborative service to support the contract delivery teams.
- To challenge and support contract management teams with respect to project controls, variations, risk management and progress.
- To implement commercial strategy for proposals/tenders that maximise the commercial position whilst delivering tenders in accordance with competition rules and the company processes and policies.
- To ensure that commercial policies, procedures and regulatory requirements are followed, consistently across the business and continuously reviewed to identify and implement improvements.
- To support and lead commercial discussions and negotiations with customers, prepare and review the response to new contracts, negotiation plans and amendments to existing contracts and arrange for their approval.
- To prepare/review/approve in line with company delegations proposed contractual agreements (NDAs, TAAs, Teaming Agreements, Contracts etc).
- Identify and implement complex sub-contract arrangements that mitigate commercial risk through the application of flow down of terms and conditions or bespoke contracting methods.
- Maintain contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and reports.
- Manage and review all commercial compliance requirements are undertaken and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering, Business, Law, Accountancy, or similar.
- Tendering; Risk Management; Contract Law and its practical application; Contract administration / management; Innovative contract mechanisms; Contract cost control / reporting; Claims and disputes;
- Ideally, working knowledge of trade controls and ITAR;
- International contracts of supply and sale;
- Regulatory controls and governance;
- Excel/Cost Models;
- Drafting of contractual agreements, quotations and correspondence.
- Ideally, practical working knowledge and understanding of UK MoD Contracting and DEFCONs.
- Prepared to travel within UK and overseas.
- SC security clearance, or eligibility to achieve SC security clearance.
- Full Driving Licence required.
We offer the supportive environment you would expect from a FTSE 100 employer including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, 25 days holiday entitlement plus 8 public holidays, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (for the majority of roles), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams.