£48,000 - £55,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus
We are looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to for a permanent opportunity working for a leading engineering support services business from their regional headquarters in Bristol.
The organisation are the UKs leading provider of support services the MoD and the Armed Force and the role of the Contracts Manager is to support the implementation of a significant Land Equipment Support contract and thereafter support growth/bids business unit.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Provide commercial support and guidance to operational teams, bid teams and functions
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with contract stakeholders for the benefit of continuing quality business
- Ensure that commercial management of contracts and bids is performed in accordance with best practise and guidelines at all times
- Support new business winning activities by developing and articulating corporately responsible commercial and supply chain solutions
- Draft, negotiate and manage contracts (including framework agreements) with customers, suppliers and external consultants
- Ensure appropriate flow-down of head contract terms into subcontracts to mitigate risk
- Prepare and develop commercial responses for bids and proposals
- Review terms and conditions, and develop and execute negotiation strategies
- Assess, manage and report commercial risk in bids and contracts
- Be the principal point of contact with customers and key suppliers on the day to day management of current contracts
What you'll need
- Degree level education
- Commercial background in multi-disciplinary environments covering the contract life cycle
- Good working knowledge of contract law and procurement regulations
- Experience of developing contracts and framework agreements
- Experience of working with government customers (preferably MOD) - desirable
- Experience of the commercial management of high value contracts
What's on Offer?
- Starting salary £48,000 - £55,000
- Car allowance
- Performance bonus up to 10%
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Contribution Pension Scheme
- Share Save Scheme
- Staff Discounts on Shopping (incl Car Hire, Holidays etc)
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next career move please apply online or for further information please call the recruitment team on 01179 309734 for an informal conversation.