CNC Fitter and Turner (Skilled Machinist)
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, UP TO £30k, GOSPORT
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a CNC Machinist to join a leading global Defence Technology & Security organisation, based in Gosport.
This role sits within the Engineering division supporting the hydrodynamic tank testing facility on site. You will be responsible for:
- The manufacture of models/components using CNC and manual machines
- Production of components by programming CNC machines (3 & 5 axis), using manual machines and hand fitting
- Fitting out models to design standard using CAD drawings
- Delivering to time cost & quality
- Using Quality Assurance (QA) measuring equipment (e.g. CMM Machines)
- Competent in the use of Heidenhain/Winmax and CNC control systems. CNC experience is essential in both 3 & 5 axis
- Must be able to understand detailed drawings and work to tight tolerances
- Broad knowledge of engineering principles to a reasonable working depth
- Technical knowledge in precision engineering, CNC machining and materials.
- Competent in producing components by programming CNC machines, using manual machines and hand fitting. Fitting out models to design standard using CAD drawings
- Working knowledge of mechanical drive assemblies and test rig structures
- Competent in the use of all QA measuring equipment and ideally a good understanding in the use of a CMM machine
The successful candidate will need to be eligible to gain Ministry of Defence security clearance.
How to apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, click 'apply' now!