Chief Enterprise Architect
One of the UK's Leading Partners in Science and Technology Research is looking for a Chief Enterprise Architect to come and join their dedicated IT Strategy and Planning Team. They are a global organisation that is predominantly based in Europe, North America and Australia, but are going into emerging markets in Africa and South East Asia.
You will be joining an existing team that has a vital role to play, working with a number of Businesses, IT leadership and subject matter experts to build a view of the organisational strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets.
In addition to those of the Enterprise Architect, the Chief Architect will be accountable for the day to day operation of the Enterprise Architectural practice, ensuring the proper running of the team through 1:1, team and performance meetings, supporting team members in their personal and technical development and ensuring the correct resources are aligned to project and programme delivery
The Chief Architect is jointly accountable with the Head of IT Strategy & Planning for driving a step change in "How we do IT", Delivering technological strategies and recommending solutions to challenge our way of thinking and the status quo allowing the organisation to operate at the correct level of risk and security whilst benefiting from an increasingly mobile and collaborative world.
Enterprise Architecture Responsibilities
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals
- Optimise information management through an increasing understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities
- Strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems and services
- Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flow. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
- Work with Solutions Architect(s) and Business Analysts to sponsor their designs and provide a consensus based solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronisation with ever changing business needs.
- Risk Management of data, information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies, ensure policies are supportive of corporate direction, and reviewed annually to ensure relevance.
- Direct involvement in the development and governance of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise through brown bag sessions, formal presentations and general Q&A opportunities
- Troubleshoot complex and intermittent problems to tight timeframes whilst under pressure
- Provide strategic consultation to the organisation and its subsidiaries projects and service development initiatives in defining or designing business processes and functions, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling technologies based on customer requirements
- You will have a background as either an Enterprise Architect or Lead Enterprise Architect
- Strong record of achievements and capable of capitalising on expert knowledge and the skills of others
- Previous experience in delivering Hybrid Services
- SaaS / PaaS Experience
- TOGAF training and commercial knowledge
- Network Security, Infrastructure or Data and Applications experience
- Worked with previous Public Sector clients
The position is based in Farnborough, and will require candidates to go through Security Clearance process after starting.
Up to £83,000 with excellent benefits
If you are interested please apply. If you are unsure if you are eligible for SC Clearance or would like to hear more please call me on 01619243659