Category Manager required for a large and ever expanding FTSE 100 global organisation based in Telford. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Category Manager to manage a multi million pound category spend as part of the development of the procurement/supply chain function. The company are currently experiencing significant growth, and are looking for experienced and commercially minded Category Manager to join the team.
As a Category Manager you will be required to:
- Assist with the development and delivery of supply chain strategy for the business unit/category, ensuring alignment with corporate objectives
- Contribute to the category management pipeline, procurement strategies and cost saving initiatives
- Manage a multi million pound category spend as part of the direct procurement
- Support senior stakeholders and create strong relationships
To be considered for this Category Manager position you will have the following experience/skills:
- Strong experience as a Category Specialist/ Category Manager in a commercial environment
- CIPS qualified, or equivalent
- Be commercially aware with strong computer and analytical skills
- Be a confident and professional communicator
- Background in the engineering, automotive, aerospace or defence sector
This is a great opportunity to work within a very successful and growing organisation, providing hands on experience within a diverse industry.
£45,000 - £49,000 + benefits
Category Specialist, Category Manager, Senior Buyer, Category Buyer, CIPS, MCIPS, Engineering, Defence, Automotive, Aerospace, Category Lead, Commodity, Sourcing Specialist, Category Management