Category Manager (Engineering)
Category Manager (Engineering) required for a large and ever expanding FTSE 100 global engineering organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Category Manager/Specialist coming from an engineering background to join a large organisation with a newly implemented category management structure. This will involve the execution of the procurement and supply chain strategy, delivering strategic sourcing, negotiation and supplier management.
As a Category Manager (Engineering) your responsibilities will include:
- Category management; Manage a portfolio of goods and services including mechanical and electrical parts, fabrication and technical services
- Strategic sourcing; Market engagement, tendering, negotiation and contract award activities
- Supplier management; Support the restructuring of the supply base, managing supplier performance and supporting the implementation to group contracts
- Implementing sourcing and supplier management initiatives through the running and delivering of end to end sourcing projects
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and support operational activities including bidding
To be considered for this Category Manager (Engineering) position you will have the following experience/skills:
- Seasoned experience in a Strategic Sourcing or Category Management position
- Good category knowledge of the engineering services category i.e. mechanical and electrical parts, fabrication, build to print, technical services
- Evidence of delivering procurement savings and negotiating costs
- Supplier and stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills
- CIPS qualification (desirable)
There will be 40% travel across the country to visit supplier/project sites.
This is a great opportunity to work within a very successful and growing organisation, providing hands on experience within a diverse industry. It will suit an experienced Category Manager, Category Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Procurement Manager, Sourcing Specialist or Principal Buyer.
£30,000 - £55,000 + benefits