Category Buyer (Professional Services)
Up to £45,000 per annum + Benefits
We are looking to recruit a Senior Buyer to work on a new permanent opportunity for a multinational defence and technology business based from their regional headquarters in Farnborough, Hampshire.
The organisation is a FTSE250 defence technology business that provides engineering, research and operations support to a wide variety of industries including the armed forces, security services, cyber technology, telecoms, energy and IT. The role of the Senior Buyer will be to take category management responsibility for corporate and professional services, which includes services such as HR, recruitment, marketing, training, IT tax, finance and legal. You will be tasked with developing and implementing strategic sourcing strategies to deliver business critical projects whilst managing both internal and external stakeholder and supplier relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effective execution of sourcing plans and strategies for the corporate and professional services category
- Support change management programmes and the integration of new suppliers
- Development of sourcing strategies, stakeholder mapping and engagement, contract negotiation and supplier performance management
- Supporting bid and tender teams with business development activities
- Ownership of key supplier relationships through effective supplier management
- Data and spend analysis/reporting
- Negotiate T&Cs and draft contract terms
- Degree educated, desirably within a business or commercial discipline
- Strong procurement experience within a large commercial organisation
- Indirect procurement experience is highly desirable
- Good leadership skills and able to support junior members of the commercial team
- Commercially minded, able to identify areas for cost savings and drive value in the business
- Good IT skills and proficient in the use of MS Office
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable but not essential
- The ability to obtain and hold MoD Security Clearance
What's on Offer?
The role is offered on a full time basis with a starting salary of up to £45,000 per annum working a 37 hour working week. Benefits include 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, contribution pension scheme up to 7%, share purchase scheme, life & income protection cover and a host of other flexible benefits such as holiday purchase, PMI, dental and childcare vouchers.
If this role sounds like an interesting opportunity for your next career move please apply online or call the recruitment team on 01179309734 for further information.