Category Buyer (Maritime)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Buyer (Maritime) to work for a leading defence organisation based in Farnborough. This large multinational organisation are recruiting for their Maritime, Land and Weapons businesses, as part of a large transformation programme. The role is accountable for the ownership and execution of the subcontracting plan as well as incorporating preparation of the procurement strategy.
As a Buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Building of strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, in relation to customer projects and programmes
- Provide best practice sourcing to the organisation
- Playing a cognitive part on large scale campaigns and projects whilst interacting with business, commercial and project teams
- Sourcing defence and maritime commodities
- Bid management to include development of sourcing strategy, stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Bid solicitation and contract negotiation
To be considered for this Buyer position you will have the following experience/skills:
- Strong knowledge and experience within direct procurement and bidding
- Commercial athlete, with experience (ideally) being in the defence industry (or closely related)
- Good stakeholder management experience as well as the ability to effectively negotiate contracts and T&Cs
- Experience in a large organisation
- Excellent communication skills
You should be an experienced sourcing professional, commercially astute and able to work well in a dynamic and fast moving environment.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a very large company that operate on many levels and in many locations throughout the UK and globally. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within procurement and excelling their professional development.
This role will suit an experienced Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Specialist, Purchasing professional or Sourcing Specialist.
Up to £40,000 + benefits