Category Buyer - Indirect
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Buyer (Professional and Corporate Services) to work for a leading defence organisation based in Farnborough. This large multinational organisation are recruiting for their professional services procurement team, as part of a large transformation programme.
As a Category Buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Execution of sourcing plans in relation to corporate and professional services
- Sourcing strategies, stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Bid solicitation and contract negotiation
- Ownership of key supplier relationships through SRM
- Advise on best practice as well as suggesting sourcing solutions
To be considered for this Category Buyer position you will have the following experience/skills:
- Strong background as an Indirect Procurement Buyer within in a blue chip organisation
- Strategic sourcing
- A self starter with an excellent attitude towards customer service
- Good stakeholder management experience as well as the ability to effectively negotiate contracts and T&Cs
- Excellent communication skills
You should be an experienced sourcing professional, commercially astute and able to work well in a dynamic and fast moving environment.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a very large company that operate on many levels and in many locations throughout the UK and globally. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within procurement and excelling their professional development.
This role would suit an experienced Buyer, Sourcing Specialist, Senior Buyer, Category Specialist or Purchasing professional.
Up to £40,000 + benefits