An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Category Buyer to join a Leading Defence, Security and Technology organisation based in Farnborough, Hampshire, focusing on FM, Construction and Utilities.
The Category Buyer is accountable for the execution of end to end procurement processes, including data collection, enquiry document preparation, negotiation, contract award, contract management and supplier relationship management. In addition, the role includes managing communication with suppliers and internal customers. The Category Buyer, as part of the Procurement team, will be expected to lead other initiatives, when required, that contributes to organisational goals.
Candidate duties will include (but are not limited to)
- Data collection and analysis for projects.
- Commodity research and spend analysis.
- Building of strong relationships with key internal stakeholders
- Provides guidance on best practice sourcing to the organisation
- Stays up-to-date about customers' needs and expectations.
- Bid management to include development of sourcing strategy, stakeholder mapping and engagement, bid solicitation, contract negotiation and award, and on-going supplier governance.
- Execution of sourcing plans, especially implementation of change programs involving new suppliers or spend practice.
- Sourcing of one-off, high value transactions.
- Executes high value purchase orders on internal systems.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant business degree (desirable) or equivalent intellectual status
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing or studying towards MCIPS
- Previous knowledge and experience within FM and/or construction.
- Previous knowledge and experience of NEC3 contracts.
- Knowledge of procurement systems and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications and the ability to work independently and across multiple functions.
- Proven knowledge of complex contractual arrangements.
- Problem solving ability, detail oriented ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Independent worker with high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Highly results oriented. Keeps the organisation on track and delivery focussed.
- Comfortably relates to many different types of people at all levels.
What's on offer?
- Competitive Package including benefits
- Forward thinking organisation with excellent career opportunities
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727