Category Buyer - Farnborough
Up to £40,000 + Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Buyer to work for a leading defence organisation based in Farnborough. This large multinational organisation are recruiting for their professional services procurement team, as part of a large transformation programme.
As a Category Buyer your main responsibilities will be:
- Execution of sourcing plans in relation to corporate and professional services
- Sourcing strategies, stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Bid solicitation and contract negotiation
- Ownership of key supplier relationships through SRM
- Advise on best practice as well as suggesting sourcing solutions
To be considered for this Category Buyer position you will have the following experience/skills:
- Strong background as a Buyer within a large organisation
- A self starter with an excellent attitude towards customer service
- A procurement background in corporate/professional services i.e. HR, marketing, tax, finance
- Good stakeholder management experience as well as the ability to effectively negotiate contracts and T&Cs
- Excellent communication skills
You should be an experienced sourcing professional, commercially astute and able to work well in a dynamic and fast moving environment.
This is a great opportunity to become part of a very large company that operate on many levels and in many locations throughout the UK and globally. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to progress their career within procurement and excelling their professional development.
What's on offer?
Salary: Up to £40,000 + benefits
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.