C++ Qt Developer - TDD - Pair Programming - Agile - UI
Our leading client is helping people to get even more out of the things they love, producing a wealth of outstanding content delivered to a variety of platforms and devices. Onsite, the Technology Department plays an essential role in everything that we do.
The Internet TV team, within Technology, is responsible for its technical implementation, delivering robust and creative solutions to demanding and often immovable deadlines. The department strives to be seen both internally and externally as a world-class software engineering function, continually delivering high quality solutions.
As a C++/Qt Developer, you'll be drawing on your know-how to deliver high quality features quickly. You will be encouraged to help solve the problems faced in this domain with the potential of bringing new technologies to the platform. You'll be knowledgable and passionate about technology, enjoy pairing with other smart people and use agile to ensure your projects succeed.
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team
- Strong C++ development background and comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Experience with multiple UI frameworks (GUI), and exposure to Qt is highly beneficial
- Regular use of agile and XP practices such as pairing and TDD are highly beneficial
- Experience of development on embedded devices, graphics stacks and OpenGL would be a bonus
- Working alongside creative colleagues, and bringing their work to life as faithfully as possible
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience
- Good communication skills - comfortable communicating at all levels
- A track record of getting the job done
- An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
- An enthusiasm for new technology
- Take pride and ownership in your work
- Good team player and communication skills
- Demonstrate an agile mindset
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.