Our high brow forensics client are seeking an experienced C# Developer to join their team on a permanent basis. We are offering a competitive salary alongside an interesting project and solid team environment.
- You will be working as part of a development team with the opportunity to work with other development colleagues from across the company
- Opportunity to make your mark working under your own steam within the framework the team provides and the wider Laboratory Portfolio that support our Forensics and Laboratory divisions
- Due to the nature of the work there will be the need for security vetting to SC level
- Strong desire to learn new skills and apply new knowledge
- Ability to work with an initial requirement by developing a solution alongside practitioners in an incremental, agile fashion
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in developing new and improved approaches to continually improve the team and our ways of working
- Acts as member of a team to deliver significant development projects, reporting to PM as required
- Comply with all SOPs relating to development work performed.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Delivers enhancements to systems as approved by the business. Working on both new code and an existing portfolio of .NET software products
- Writing integration test code alongside the production code as well as applying unit testing with the use of TDD where you feel this is the best technique to achieve the most robust solution
- Working with source control, continuous build servers and automated deployment packages
- Use of issue tracking software to assign, track and account for issues, bugs and features
- Production of documentation including component diagrams and supporting release notes as needed
- Providing support by resolving Incidents and Service Requests and actively managing your own support queue
Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- 2+ years experience with C# including LINQ
- Good use of unit and integration testing
- HTML, CSS, jQuery
- Knowledge of ASP.NET MVC
- SQL Server queries. Use of Stored Procedures, simple joins, transactions and CRUD operations
- Exposure to WCF and service architecture
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Good understanding of software development methodologies
- Entity Framework and/or LINQ2SQL
- Exposure to VB.NET, VB6
- Familiarity with the use of source control repositories, such as Apache™ Subversion®
- Familiarity with Team City continuous integration and deployment
- SC clearance in a previous role
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance may be required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance.
This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.