£ 29,370 Plymouth
We are looking to recruit a Buyer to work on a new permanent opportunity that has arisen working for a market leading engineering services organisation based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth.
The organisation is a FTSE100 engineering support services business and the UKs largest support services provider to the Ministry of Defence and the Armed Forces. Working on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard the Buyer will be responsible for generating significant value for the business by ensuring on time delivery as well as reducing the total cost of bought in goods and services and manage supplier relationships to increase the overall value derived from the Supply Chain.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Support in the provision of goods and services critical to the business and it's projects for the best total acquisition cost
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions for both materials and services
- Monitor the performance of suppliers relevant to their activity ensuring Contract terms are monitored and performance is communicated to suppliers as necessary
- Analysing procurement spends and seeking to introduce the most cost effective procurement route to suit each project
- Appropriate experience in a procurement or goods acquisition environment
- Able to confidently negotiate contract terms and conditions with suppliers
- Experience within a technical/engineering/manufacturing environment is desirable
- Good commercial awareness and the ability to work as part of a cross functional project team
- Hold CIPS diploma, be studying towards or have a commitment to complete
What's on Offer?
- £29,370 starting salary
- Employee Development allowance used towards further training and qualifications
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Staff Discounts on Shopping (incl Car Hire, Holidays etc)
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme