SEO Business Systems Developer (Drupal)
London - £37,794 - £47,278 per annum Plus 20% allowance
UKEF can offer a higher starting salary up to the salary maximum £47,278 subject to skills and experience.
About The Role
The Information Technology Division (ITD) is responsible for the provision of IT services to all UKEF users. The Division has three principal areas of responsibility:
- The provision of IT infrastructure and services for the business.
- The definition, development and testing of bespoke software for the Department.
- Responsibility for the overall IT architecture and alignment to government standards.
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of bespoke software for UKEF including technical design, software creation, testing and implementation.
- Development of business applications including technical impact assessments for changes required by the business.
- Technical design for new developments, determining the appropriate approach for new applications and their relationship to existing environments and other systems.
- Support and enhancement of existing applications.
- Administration and maintenance of environments.
- Provide advice and guidance to projects on the potential use of applications, development approaches, tools and 3rd party components. Investigation of issues resulting from the use of 3rd party tools.
- Unit testing including the investigation and resolution of defects identified user acceptance testing.
- Support and training for end users.
- Creation and maintenance of consistent and comprehensive documentation for business systems, including the relationships between IT components and business functionality.
- Provide advice and guidance on potential uses of software across the Department.
- Deployment of solutions between environments
- Maintenance of software artefacts within a controlled environment
This list is not exhaustive; you may be required to carry out additional duties according to business need.
- Expert level competence in configuration AND Competent development experience including the design and implementation of changes, including interfaces to other systems in Drupal including:
- Drupal CMS
- Experience of developing and working to formal methodologies
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to understand business drivers and influence how changes are implemented
Knowledge, skills and experience mandatory to the role are:
- Graduate level education or relevant professional experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- The development and deployment of business applications using out of the box components and bespoke configurations
- The Microsoft Office suite
- Provision of advice and guidance to less experienced co-workers, including potentially trainees Structured analysis and documentation of business requirements: demonstrable clarity of thought and communication, both verbal and written, in a problem solving capacity
- Knowledge of varied estimation techniques and when to apply them
- Sound approach to quality of work produced
- Working independently and in small teams
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience
- Has worked with Drupal v8
- Has worked with GitHub for versioning and Source Management
- Working in the financial services sector
- Experience creating and/or consuming SOAP or Restful Web Services
- Development using relational databases
- Use of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Training end users in the use of business applications
- Professional development experience using a range of technologies
- Working with an outsourced IT service provider
- Changing and Improving
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Effective Decision Making
- Delivering at Pace
The following qualifications and certifications are desirable for this position:
- Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) qualification for SharePoint Applications.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator.
Selection Process Details
An initial sift of your CV will be conducted against the Essential Criteria. If your CV demonstrates experience of these essential criteria you will be contacted to arrange a telephone based screen. The telephone screen will further assess your experience against the Essential Criteria and will be carried out by Experis at a time to be agreed with you. If you successfully complete this stage of the process your application will be progressed to the next stage. The applicants with the best skills and experience will be invited to interview, where you will be required to provide evidence as to how you meet the above competencies and technical requirements. Interviews may include an additional assessment exercise or presentation exercise. Please note that your CV MUST demonstrate evidence of the Essential Criteria for you to be progressed to telephone screen and beyond.