Business Support Assistant
Didcot - Oxfordshire
Permanent - 37hours per week
Salary: Market rate In addition to a competitive salary, private health insurance, 25 days' leave per annum (pro rata) and a competitive company bonus plan are offered as part of an attractive package of benefits.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone to really make a difference and have an impact on the operational effectiveness of a business. A role that covers a broad spectrum of business areas.
Skills and characteristic:
- Flexibility of approach - including working patterns - will be important, to deal with the natural peaks and troughs associated with this role.
- The ability to maintain momentum and ensure that elements of business processes are not missed will be vital. This role is instrumental in making sure the Sales, Consultancy and Management activities are perfectly co-ordinated.
- Understanding the importance of the role will be critical. An interest in, and understanding of, the business and the part it plays will make the post-holder an invaluable asset.
- A proactive nature will be vital - the ability to work across the business at all levels is essential, actively seeking information and support as required
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills - the successful candidate will be expected to produce articulate communications both internally and externally. This will be tested at interview.
- Confidence in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Willingness to negotiate with suppliers
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- Experience of using Accounting systems is desirable - we use SAP Business One
- Intermediate Excel knowledge is desirable, including the use of analytical tools such as Pivot Tables
- Experience of using Salesforce.com is desirable
A selection of the activities you are likely to be involved in is provided below:
- Central functions to ensure smooth operation of the office on a day-to-day basis: maintaining stationery, marketing and kitchen supplies and ensuring all areas are kept tidy; welcoming visitors
- Setting up and assisting with onsite and offsite meetings, for example customer training events and workshops (booking of venue, arrangements for IT provision, and production of materials), and Leadership Team meetings
- Management of all staff travel and hire car bookings
- Answering incoming calls and directing (or deflecting!) as appropriate
- Arranging office lunches - all-staff meetings and on request from individual departments/for ad hoc meetings
- Creation of welcome packs for new starters
Finance & Operations
- Assistance with filing of invoices and sales orders
- Running reports from Salesforce for Management Accountant
- Management of certain reporting requirements into our parent company and for suppliers
- Maintenance of first aid boxes
- Willingness to be trained as a first aider and DSE assessor, and maintaining the responsibilities of these roles
- Assistance with planning and execution of company events
- Monitoring of visa and security clearance expiry dates to ensure business continuity
- Acting as a key point of contact with our landlord
- Processing sales order paperwork - acting as the main POC between the Sales and Finance teams to ensure that all appropriate paperwork is in place
- Organising training courses for the team
- Assisting with preparation for events and marketing activities, including physical movement and set-up of stands
- Collating collateral for events and individuals as required
- Arranging business cards for new employees and promotions
- Ad hoc marketing support as required
The above responsibilities represent a small selection of the activities the successful applicant can expect to get involved in. I am looking for someone who is prepared to 'roll their sleeves up' and get involved in the smooth, efficient day to day running of our business.
Roles such as this play a vital part in keeping the teams on the road, safe and engaged with the business - offering a valuable service to staff across the business and helping to ensure that the office is a great place to work.
If you would like further detail or any other role with Experis please contact myself at or on 0161 924 1383.
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence.