We have an excellent opportunity for a Business Analyst/Process Engineer to join Experis on a permanent basis. This position will primarily be based from home however travel to and from Sheffield will be required. This is an opportunity that will allow you to flourish within a prestigious organisation. We can also offer you the chance long term to continually develop with tailored training plans and working across a number of blue-chip UK based companies.
Working within the IT Data Centre, you will be responsible for the end to end delivery of the projects, from initial consultancy, right through design, build and deploy. At the heart of this is the belief in using Agile and Lean principles to deliver quality solutions at a sustainable pace. This is built on an ethos of continuous improvement and personal development, empowering the whole team to be actively engaged in improving our processes and skills.
The role will be to work with a range of technical leads across the business to define, agree and document the As Is and To Be infrastructure delivery process and sub-processes.
You will be responsible for considering business objectives in identifying process improvements. You will work with technical and non-technical teams to find the best way to design new processes and solve process-related problems. This will involve mapping existing processes and designing improved ones. You will be required to run meetings, collect data, analyse information and perform related tasks. Some travel may be required to meet with end users and key stakeholders in the project.
You will have a strong analytical background, be a problem solver and have excellent diagramming and communication skills. You will be required to advise of progress to all stakeholders. You will also need to be motivated by challenging requirements and deadlines.
Role requirements includes:
- Knowledge of process mapping and business process engineering
- Analysis of business processes and workflows with the objective of finding out how they can be improved or automated
- Facilitate at workshops and documenting information elicited using process maps and business requirement documents
- Presenting new process designs to stakeholders for discussion
Required skills and experience
- Managing process change
- Educating business users responsible for managing and operating business processes
- Monitoring, measuring and providing feedback on process performance
- Facilitating process workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with users
Desirable skills and experience