Business Analyst - Programmatic advertising, VOD, Video on demand, Airtime Sales, Broadcasting
Fantastic Opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join one of the world's leading Media and Broadcast giants.
The duration of the contract is for 6 months, located over in Osterley, West London.
Working with the Business Units to define the functional, non-functional, data and infrastructure requirements for IT purposes and the high level approach to delivery of those requirements. This will include some or all of the following depending upon the nature, size and composition of the project:
- To contribute to the development of costs benefit analysis, risk analysis and development plans
- To construct or contribute to the construction of business process models using the BPMN notation.
- To build or contribute to the build of logical Data Models defining the business rules, relationships between data entities and the sources of the data.
- To produce the definition of the high level business requirements and prioritise.
- To actively challenge business requirement requests to ensure exact needs are met and fit within the long term goals of both IT and the business.
- To manage the prototyping of solutions as a means of establishing the users business requirements.
- The production of use cases to articulate high level business requirements.
- To produce the definition of the non-functional requirements and prioritise.
- To produce the outline definition of the technology to be used to deliver the solution.
- To specify the IT infrastructure requirements in consultation with the Central Architecture Group, Infrastructure and Operations.
- To work with internal and 3rd party development to support them in the production of functional specifications ensuring understanding of requirements and their implications and covering for example:
- Main system functions including information and work flows
- Data migration
- Screen dialogues
- Validation and error correction procedures
- Processing rules
- Access, security and audit controls
- Contingency procedures
- To work with internal and 3rd party development to support them in constructing the solution, performing unit tests and defining the operational procedures
- To work with internal and 3rd party test teams to support them in completing the end to end testing of all systems, including existing systems, identifying and resolving problems and supporting acceptance testing with the user.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Airtime Sales within a Sales House or Broadcaster.
- Knowledge of online or interactive inventory selling.
- Knowledge of VOD
- Knowledge of programmatic trading.
- Business and systems analysis - identifying, documenting, prioritising and presenting business requirements and translating them for IT purposes.
- Managing workshops, presenting and gaining acceptance of solutions
- Systems and software development - analysis of requirements, and development of solutions.
- Communication - ability to develop, present and defend recommendations. Credible to both IT and business users.
- Relationship management - ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business users.
- Created business process models using BPMN.
- Performed team leading or mentoring of other analysts.
- Knowledge and application of development methodologies; UML (Activity Diagrams and Use Cases), RAD and Agile.
- Experienced in process, data and infrastructure requirements analysis.
- Project leading through all stages of the systems lifecycle.
- Producing structured definitions of functionality and process design.
- Producing systems design from a functional specification.
- Contributing to development and execution of a significant portion of a system test.
- Contributing to development and execution of an implementation plan.
- Developing conceptual, logical and physical data models.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.