A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Bid Manager within Aircraft Support, working for a FTSE 100 Organisation based in the South supporting the central business mission to improve their market position and achieve financial growth in support of UK military air power.
Primary responsibilities include;
- To act as chief of staff on major complex bids (typically >£25m), supporting the Head of Programmes/Bid Director by ensuring consistency of approach across a multi-function team while achieving milestones within the bid process.
- To manage the day to day bid effort on major complex bids, including governance, solution development and bid production.
- To assist the Programme Director Bids and Solutions to convert bid strategies into compliant bids for submission across the business units
- Assist in the handover to the transition team to ensure a thorough understanding of the solution and customer needs
- Assist in the development of the solution and the incorporation key winning themes consistently across the bid submission
- Manage proposals in line with the Group's corporate governance policies, processes and procedures including those relating to Health and Safety, security and environment
- To challenge the status-quo on our bid approaches to consistently deliver better savings and efficiencies than our competitors
- Ensure bids adhere to customer schedule and target cost
Qualifications and Requirements
- Project management experience on bids and proposals
- Strong analytical/problem solving/decision making skills
- Have a good background understanding of the Aviation sector, competitors and business winning challenges
- Experienced in managing multi-disciplined teams on large complex programmes
- Previous experience of MoD bid process and procedures
- Sound understanding of Partnering between Government/Agencies/Private industry
- Knowledge of dealing with Government customers
- Proven history of bid winning and contract delivery
- Experience of bidding in defence related programmes or similar
What's on offer?
- Being part of a World Class FTSE 100 Organisation
- Competitive salary plus package
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727.