Baggage Hall Officer
£23,968 + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Flexible Benefits
Based at Heathrow Airport
I recruit for a FTSE 100 organisation that provide baggage solutions and support services to keep operations working smoothly at Heathrow Airport. They are looking to recruit someone with exceptional observational and people skills as a Baggage Hall Officer.
Working within a team of eight, you will be responsible for ensuring that all Baggage Handling Operations are working within the Operational Safety Instructions and Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies.
- To cover peak traffic flows to ensure smooth operation in all baggage facilities and their aprons.
- Engage with airlines/handlers and third parties to improve the Heathrow Baggage Operations Safety culture.
- Enforce relevant Heathrow Operational Safety Instructions and Byelaws, etc. within baggage facilities and associated aprons. Issuing Airside Caution Notices where
- Report potential Health & Safety hazards infrastructure damage and raise faults with the faults line.
- Attend accidents/incidents within baggage facilities and associated aprons.
- Deal with traffic issues - congestion/diversions and marshal traffic as necessary in case of incidents.
- Collate compliance data and generate daily reports of findings and infringements and circulate as required.
- To work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Conduct analysis of data on a monthly basis and produce reports and share outputs with the client and target improvement areas.
- Promote company values and standards and exhibit appropriate behaviour in accordance with Company ethos.
- Use talent and ability to encourage achievement and continuous improvement.
- To demonstrate safety, integrity & commitment at all times.
- Maintain excellent levels of communication throughout the team and the wider business.
- To carry out any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
Minimum requirements are:
- Educated to GSCE level or equivalent.
- Exceptional observation skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Display a professional, customer orientated and flexible approach.
- Ability to diffuse conflict.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Can build rapport and maintain relationships.
- Holding a Full, Clean driving licence is beneficial.
Salary & Benefits:
- A salary of £23,968 per annum.
- 5 hrs per week.
Shifts as follows:
4 Days of 5:45 to 14:00.
3 Days of 13:45 to 22:00.
4 Days off.
3 Days of 05:00 to 13:15.
4 days of 14:45 to 23:0.
3 days off.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Pension scheme
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their career within a large multinational corporation. If you are interested please apply online or contact Beshley Isaacs on 0117 9309 723 or .