An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Aviation Trials Assurance Lead to join a Leading Defence, Security and Technology organisation based in Salisbury.
The Aviation Trials Assurance Lead is responsible for all Aircraft Trials capability; trials governance and assuring of trials planning products. This is a key role that requires a strong leader with substantial leadership and trials experience to maintain safety and to deliver excellence across a broad spectrum of aviation related trials. The role calls for a candidate with an excellent understanding of current best practice and the leadership capability to Senior Flight Test Engineers (FTE) and Trials Engineers (TE) in order to ensure safe, legal and effective trials.
Candidate duties will include (but are not limited to)
- Leading the Trials Engineering capability to meet current and future business needs
- Developing and retaining a 'world class' Trials Engineering (TE) capability through well founded trials training, development, management and progression of staff
- Aviation Trials Governance & Oversight
- Ownership of the Aviation Trials Process
- Aviation Trials governance for the trials delivery community
- Oversight of all aviation trials activities
- Managing the relationship with the military trials community within the ATEC
- Managing the trials interface with internal projects, partners and customers
- Oversight of the aviation trials community to ensure adherence to delivery standards, operating frameworks, processes and tools.
- Management of competence for all aviation trials personnel to deliver current and future programmes
- Recruitment, mentoring and training of FTEs, in consultation with the relevant Head of Professions.
- Ensuring effective communication between the aviation trials community and the Leadership Team,
- Senior Management Team and wider business
- Providing assurance to Senior Management that all Aviation trials are conducted safely, legally and in accordance with best practice
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Test Pilot or FTE
- Demonstrable track record in supervising and delivering a wide variety of flight trials.
- Senior level management experience
- Safety management experience
- Military service / experience of working with the military
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer Significant track record of delivering safe and effective aviation related trials
- Energetic leader who can motivate a large, diverse team to deliver effectively
- Good understanding of organisation-wide issues and the ability to suggest solutions for resolution
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong team working ethic
- Able to make and stand behind difficult decisions
What's on offer?
- Competitive Package including benefits
- Working for a world leading organisation
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727