Automation Tester, Java, Scala, Selenium, REST API, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Customer Focussed
Fancy working for a Media & Broadcasting Giant!? You'll be contracting for a household name on a 3 month initial contract based at their prestigious offices in Leeds. We're looking for an Automation Test Engineer to start as soon as possible! Apply NOW!
Your key responsibilities
You'll work to ensure software is delivered to an excellent standard within a busy agile team, to whom quality is of the highest priority.
- Responsible for ensuring features meet specified requirements.
- Ensure that User Experience is given as high consideration as technical function.
- Work both independently and with the development team to build upon and maintain a robust and efficient automated test suite.
- Be actively involved in the team and projects as a whole and make recommendations where necessary in order to help improve or amend process.
- Maintain an awareness of test coverage and provide solutions in order to address any shortfalls.
- Participate in the continuous delivery of quality code in alignment with the business objectives
- Interpret and negotiate business requirements in order to deliver high quality, customer focused testing solutions.
- Strong in at least one language (Java, Scala)
- Selenium (web driver)/Cucumber or equivalent - Writing and running
- REST API testing
- Performance testing (Gatling, JMeter)
- Strong initiative and able to work unsupervised
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience using defect tracking software (JIRA, Waffle)
- Continuous Delivery
- Version control (Git)
- Scripting (Bash, shell, python etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience testing software in a true agile delivery environment
- Stakeholder management skills
If you're ready to challenge yourself and make a positive impact for our customers, apply today.
Please only apply to this role if you have all the required skills! If this is a good match to your skill-set, please apply ASAP and call Hollie Doyle on 0161 924 3652 to double check I've received your CV.