Automation Developer - Python - TDD - Agile - Junior applications accepted as we have a Senior and Junior role available.
Osterley - West London
Our client is the market leader in digital interactive satellite broadcast technology with over 10 million subscriber homes across the UK and Irish Republic. The Product Design and Development (PDD) group is responsible for all aspects of design, development and delivery of next generation software for our client's HD Set Top Boxes.
Summary of role and responsibilities
This role is part of the Automation team responsible automating testing of Set top Box Software. This role involves developing and maintaining test scripts written in Object Oriented Python.
This role will involve many interesting aspects of coding/testing including:
- Using variety of Python modules (including OpenCV, numPy, Pandas, PyQt)
- Using Jenkins for running of tests and creation of result dashboards
- Extensive use of raw database queries (MySQL)
- Using code review tools like 'Review Board'
- Knowledge and experience of using Jira scrum boards
Technical Skills Required
- At least 3 years of experience in developing back-end code using Object-Orientated programming
- Extensive Experience of Python Programming
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience using Rabbit MQ
- Experience of using Agile Development Methodologies
Personal Skills Required
- Able to handle and prioritise multiple tasks at a time
- Always looking for ways to improve
- Someone who doesn't lose sight of the bigger picture
- The ability to communicate in a confident and assuring manner
- Sticking to story requirements and completing the work in a timely manner
Degree or equivalent in computer science
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.