Automation and Deployment Engineer (Redhat 6/7, Atlassian Bitbucket, Foreman)
Automation and Deployment Engineer (Redhat 6/7, Atlassian Bitbucket, Foreman) required to join a reputable telecommunications company based in Ipswich. This is a contract position due to last an initial 4 months and will be paying market rates of £500 - 575 per day.
Periodic travel required to Saudi Arabia 2-3 weeks per month.
This role will cover all aspects of the Linux automation and deployment solution. This is primarily built using the following technologies:
- Redhat Satellite
- Redhat Linux 6 & 7
- Puppetlabs Puppet standard.
- Atlassian Bitbucket (stash) with GIT.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of setting and managing a large IT estate using Redhat Satellite or Foreman.
- Hands on system administration experience with Redhat 6 and 7.
- Knowledge of Puppet and how it integrates with Redhat Satellite or Foreman.
- Experience writing and modifying Puppet scripts.
- Working knowledge of version control and release management in a large Redhat based IT environment.
- Initially this candidate would be working with another member of the team to learn the platform and the production environment. They will quickly need to take ownership of the full automation and deployment environment.
If this role is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance. For more information please contact James Brown - 0161 924 1425