Role: Estate Associate Project Manager
Location: Shoeburyness (Near Southend on Sea)
Schedule: 37 hours per work standard working hours (some flexibility may be needed as expected)
Salary: Competitive with market rate
Requirements: Candidates will be undertaking or interested in gaining either the CIOB or RICS charterships
Security Clearance: SC Clearance will be required but not essential at the start
Job description/Person specification:
To lead small to medium projects and support the delivery of larger construction and estate management projects across the LTPA and QE Estate to ensure a high level of service delivery.
1. Organise small and medium scale projects and support the delivery of larger projects
2. Integrating the project team within the business and ensuring that a Health and Safety culture is embedded within the team
3. Work with more senior Project Management resources to develop competence
4. Define with support and maintain under review the overall aims and objectives of the Project, together with their relative priorities, and the overall scope of the Project
5. Define with support and agreeing an appropriate budget, delivering the Project within this budget and managing and reporting progress against an agreed cost plan
6. Managing with support the activities of the external advisors, including the management of their appointments, via appointed Procurement Team Managers
7. Management with support of project documentation to include Bids, proposals and third party documentation (configuration control)
8. Deploy with support appropriate risk management strategies and methods for controlling quality
Knowledge and Skills:
* Awareness of Planning Application and GPDO processes
* Awareness of certain aspects of sustainability and energy aspects of project delivery.
* Understanding of certain aspects of Building Regulations.
* Awareness of JSP standards
* Understanding of risk management processes and techniques
* Awareness of environmental legislation and ecological regulation
* Understanding of the Construction, Design Management (CDM) Regulations
* An awareness of the methods associated with civil engineering, infrastructure and building projects.
* An awareness of the principles of NEC contracts as well as JCT
* Developing interpersonal skills with an ability to deal with more senior Project Managers on a day to day basis and as well as developing stakeholder management skills.
* Over 2 year's experience of developing small scale low to medium risk projects.
* Single sector project delivery experience including defence
* Technical qualification supplemented with HND/HNC with APM Introductory certificate preferable.
If you have any further questions on the role please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can reach me on or 0161 924 1383.
All applications will be handled in the strictest of confidence.