Associate Project Manager (Aerospace)
PERMANENT, FULL-TIME, HAMPSHIRE, SALARY COMPETITIVE & DOE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Project Manager to join a leading Global Defence Technology & Security Organisation based in Hampshire, working across their different Air platforms and across the wider business.
This is a 'first step into project management' where you will receive training and gain experience within a fast moving defence environment.
You will be responsible for managing and effectively communicating delivery performance on tasks / standard projects.
- Application of appropriate project governance to ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements.
- Delivery of standard projects in accordance with company governance.
- Delivery of standard projects to (or ahead of) contracted schedule and cash flow.
- Delivery of standard projects within Authorised Base Cost.
- Communication of project progress (time, cost & quality) to internal stakeholders, ensuring that risks are escalated through the appropriate channels as soon as possible.
- Maintenance of up-to-date, fully resourced plans covering full contracted scope (published in accordance with company corporate requirements).
- Control of project changes, ensuring any change to scope (including due to missed dependencies) are formalised through the contract change process and appropriately authorised.
- Maintenance of up-to-date Project Management Plan (PMP) and risk register in approved format for all projects.
- Approval of project costs in line with the Delegations Matrix.
- Preparation of materials to support, and closure of actions arising from, reviews (both monthly progress reviews & Lifecycle reviews).
- Preparation of proposals for follow-on work.
- Achievement of customer satisfaction targets.
- Basic understanding of Project Management
- Experience working to tight time-frames
- Methodical approach
- Good attitude and work ethic (willingness to learn)
- High level of communication skills
- IPMA Level D or demonstrable experience at Project Management level
- Experience working within a Defence environment or interactions with government departments
- Experience managing external & internal relationships
The successful Associate Project Manager will be put through Ministry of Defence security clearance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the requirements, apply online today to be considered for an interview.