An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Buyer to join a Leading Defence, Security and Technology organisation based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
The Associate Buyer is accountable for providing operational support to Category Buyers, Category Managers and Category Leads, acting as first port of call for all shopping cart and customer queries. The job holder will be also take responsibility for the delivery of discreet projects, both pre and post-contract award, to ensure anticipated benefits of new agreements are realised by the business.
Candidate duties will include (but are not limited to)
- Own and manage a number of preferred supplier agreements, both pre and post contract award including implementation of service and on-going service review involving all relevant stakeholders.
- Validate all shopping carts received to ensure requestors have complied with Buying Rules. Liaise with requestor where additional information is required.
- Assist requestors with shopping carts where a preferred supply agreement already exists to satisfy requestor's requirement.
- Act as first point of contact for Shared Service Centre when queries arise.
- Organisation and administration of external supplier reviews, and internal focus groups with stakeholders to review categories, or specific preferred supplier agreements.
- Provide cover for Category Buyers during periods of absence.
- Provide general administrative support to Procurement Team.
- Prepare, issue and manage return of customer surveys
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant business degree (desirable) or equivalent intellectual status
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (desirable)
- Able to adapt pace of delivery to meet business requirements.
- Among the first to volunteer to help others succeed.
- Independent, self-starting.
- Can learn new skills and knowledge. Picks up on technical things quickly.
- Customer Focus. Is highly customer focused and concerned with meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Proactive and able to influence others in the business interest.
What's on offer?
- Competitive Package including benefits
- Forward thinking organisation with excellent career opportunities
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on 0117 9309 727