Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£440 Max Pay
Contract till 10/2017
To actively assist the Commercial Manager and Quantity Surveyor(s) with the development and implementation of new processes to facilitate full integration of IFS with the Systems and IT team together with ensuring that robust commercial astuteness is applied to all projects and business units to maximise profit and reduce risk. Increase financial cohesion by working together with Finance and Planning
- Develop a deep understanding of IFS and other relevant IT programmes and their capabilities. Making all IFS modules "first choice" for integration and efficiency.
- Assist with the ongoing implementation of commercial application in respect of site personnel at all time whilst developing lasting relationships with Business Unit and Project Managers.
- Actively suggest and develop processes for increased accuracy and efficiency minimising time journal and reconciliation tasks.
- Constantly refer to the project risk management plan for thorough, accurate, high-level risk assessment. Monitor the register and any related documentation in accordance with the plan.
- Assist the Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Manager to ensure that sub-contractors and suppliers have submitted compliant quotations/enquiries within the timescale required.
- Actively increase knowledge of commercial issues and contract law.
- Assist with the production of projects budgets and load onto IFS with finance staff at project start and annual budgets.
- Liaison with the Commercial Manager and Quantity Surveyor(s) to ensure appropriate commercial cover is maintained.
- Assist the team and Project Manager, Engineers and Planners with regard to recovery of contract costs together with enhancing project profit by identifying variations, delays and claims.
- Assist with production of monthly project financial and forecast to complete reports for analysis with Finance staff and Commercial Manager.
- Develop sound and balanced negotiating skills.
- Attend when requested handover and progress meetings
- Help produce a site commercial manual and documents to record variations and that agreed process for accurate and timely input of data onto IFS.
- Assist with Sub Contract Management from enquiry to final account.
- Work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory regulations and company safety rules are adhered to.
- Review and report on Terms and Conditions from the client to suppliers and sub contractors.
- To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs.
- Strategic thinking
- Relationship building and influencing
- Financial Appreciation
- Written and verbal communication
- Project Management
- Business analysis/ business process re-engineering
- Knowledge of the industry
Qualifications & Experience
- Divisional P&L Finance, Budgeting and contracts costing
- Contract law
- Previous experience in a Finance/Quantity Surveying role
- Contract experience, preparing valuations and claims for clients and subcontractors
- Sub Contract Management
- Cost / value reconciliation
- Qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Graduate or "graduate calibre"
- Driving licence