Assistant Project Manager, FTSE 100 Organisation - £Competitive Salary + Benefits + Exceptional career progression.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Assistant Project Manager to work in a leading defence technology
company delivering a wide range of design, manufacturing and operational support projects to
International defence customers. Our client's diverse project portfolio continues to grow with a strong focus on world class high integrity maritime, weapons and communications and intelligence solutions.
We are looking for a proactive Assistant Project Manager with strong communication and drive, whom has managed sub projects in a complex engineering environment to the time, cost and quality targets. The successful applicant will join a diverse and dynamic team of project,
engineering and other functional staff working together on an exciting projects to deliver highly
complex products for the UK's fleet of nuclear submarines on global operations.
Typical tasks and responsibilities include:
- Deliver key project management functions in support of the overall project delivery, including schedule, financial and risk functions.
- Support the development of accurate and up-to-date financial and schedule estimates to ensure the project is accurately planned and reported
- Manage the planning, monitor and control of work packages being delivered by other internal and external resources.
- Apply the Business Management System (BMS) appropriately for the project and produce and communicate project reporting data on Enterprise resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Undertake aspects of stakeholder management and communications activities are required and support development of stakeholder management plans.
- Develops tasking orders to secure the provision of internal and external resources and manages their delivery.
- Facilitate, develop and agree requirements, project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages.
- Develop, monitor and control schedules for packages of work and small projects.
- Identify and schedule resource on Gantt charts and ERP systems.
- Forecast costs and monitor and report against budget.
- Maintain project cost and time estimates and ensure regular reviews are undertaken with each discipline to ensure they are accurate.
- Provide under supervision the resource and financial forecast data from the project into the Business.
- Manage under supervision the risk process including the identification, assessment, planning and implementation of risks, opportunities and issues.
- Document the scope, schedule, resource requirements, budget, risks, opportunities, issues, quality and HSE requirements for aspects of the project, including in the Project Management Plan.
- Under supervision develop, maintain and plan quality (ie. Scope, requirements and acceptance criteria) aspects for specific project outputs including task orders, supply demand and project documentation.
- Support development of the stakeholder and communication plans and implement specific responsibilities accordingly.
- Support and sometimes lead review meetings for specific aspects of the project, effectively working with stakeholders to plan, monitor and control project functions and outputs.
- Maintain rigorous change control of project data in accordance with the Business Management System (BMS) and Project Management Plan.
- Development and maintenance of Project Assumptions/Exclusions and Dependencies logs.
- Recording of lessons learned in company LFE register.
Has the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) [formerly known as APMP] and is a Member of the APM.
- Has good knowledge of project tools and techniques including Microsoft Project (MS), Risk Management tools, ERP Systems and financial and resource planning tools.
- Is competent in MS Office.
- Has a bachelor's degree in engineering I project I construction management or a related field.
- Has previous Project Management experience.
- Must hold, or be eligible to obtain full SC Security Clearance.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join a market leading organisation and progress your career within an exciting and challenging environment. If you would like to apply, or for more details, please contact me on 0117 9309 726 or