Asset Management Analyst (Hardware/Software)
Asset Management Analyst (Hardware/Software) required to join a reputable technology company based in Tewekesbury, Gloucestershire. This will be a 10 month contract with a daily rate of pay of up to £188 per day.
The role of Hardware / Software Asset Management Analyst will be to support the Asset Management solutions currently in use.
The Analyst will be required to liaise with various IT support functions and business teams to assist in the collection, organisation and management of information appertaining to hardware and software assets and the maintenance of this information within the Master Asset Register.
The analyst will be required to assist in the production of various monthly reports and Add Hoc reports required by both the client and the company in relation to the assets and also the accuracy of the data used to produce them
The Analyst will be expected to understand all aspects of the hardware life-cycle - from purchasing to deployment and decommissioning. The Analyst will have also have and understanding of Software License and Compliance.
The Asset Management Analyst will follow processes designed for this delivery providing feedback on opportunities for improvement of efficiency gains. With growing experience, the role may develop skills to create new processes and re-design existing ones.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- To maintain an accurate and current IT Asset Repository for both Hardware and Software
- Act as point of contact for all things related to hardware and software asset management for the account
- Provides monthly and ad-hoc reporting on asset management
- Conducts, reviews, updates, and administers the asset database
- Assist in the update of relevant internal control structures and standard operating procedures to ensure efficient and transparent asset management
- Support communications of asset management information internally and to the client
- Ensure asset management related requirements are fully adopted.
- Analyse purchase records and other information where needed
- Assist in Physical Audits as specified by the contractual requirements at client sites within the UK
- To track hardware and software assets through their full life-cycle, from purchase to disposal.
- To provide appropriate management information in relation to IT equipment.
- To provide reports to facilitate asset utilisation, identifying problem assets and those assets which are dormant, hence avoiding redundant maintenance and warranty coverage.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the post.
- Excellent excel and database management skills (Not DBA)
- Previous experience working as an analyst
- Previous experience of producing management information/Reports
- Attention to detail
- Excellent work prioritisation and time management.
- Be able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to follow work instructions and to deliver improvements as required
- Understands Software asset management key concepts
- What is a license
- What is a license contract
- What is a maintenance contract
- What is a software installation
- What is standard SW model (where do you find reference to it?)
- What are different license types
Familiarisation Asset Management toolsets
Strong Team player
Can Do attitude
Ability to work on own to high standard and tight deadlines
If this opportunity is of interest to you please submit your CV in the first instance or for more information contact; James Brown - 0161 924 1425