Working for one of the UK's leading engineering support services organisations we wish to appoint an Armourer Light-Heavy to be based at MoD Lyneham. The role will report to the Quality Engineer, Lyneham.
- The diagnostic testing and repair of all military small arms, Guns and associated vehicle mounts.
- The diagnostic testing and repair of Armoured vehicle turret mechanisms, Gun assemblies, doors and hatches.
- Carrying out the annual AFC 351 inspection of Small Arms, AFG 857 Sub System inspection of 'Armoured' vehicle turret mounted weapons, guns including RWS and miscellaneous equipment as required.
- To utilise JAMES for inspection and repair tasks.
- Ensuring each task on the Job Card/JAMES is updated within current Ministry of Defence (MOD) repair policy.
- Conduct JAMES training and updates as mandated.
- The initiation of all weapons stores material demands following authorisation.
- Accountable to the Team Leader (TL) and Workshop Manager when maintaining or repairing Defence School of Electro Mechanical Engineers (DSEME) weapons.
- Conforming to security regulations with regard to safe custody of weapons associated components at all times.
- The reporting of all discrepancies or equipment losses of weapons and/or associated components through the TL and Workshop Manager.
- Interpretation and working to all engineering drawings, technical reports and publications.
- The safe operation of any machines and portable power tools used within the Workshop.
- Informing the line managers of any failure of workshop tools, machinery or plant.
- The practice of good engineering hygiene at all times.
- The inspection of equipment serviceability prior to submission for Out Inspection.
- Carrying out engraving as directed by the line managers.
- Minimum REME Class 1 Armourer or civilian equivalent - Essential
- Suitable Gunfitter Qualifications - Essential
- Minimum driving qualification full Group 'B' Licence- Essential
- Tracked vehicle driving License - Desirable
- Abrasive wheels trained - Desirable
- Experience of JAMES systems - Desirable
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 25 days holidays + Bank holidays
- Flexible benefits package (Critical Illness Insurance / Personal Accident Insurance / Travel Insurance / Dental Insurance / Childcare Vouchers / Cycle to work scheme)
The successful candidate will be required to undergo UK MOD security clearance