Our client, a leading Utilities organisation, is looking for an Architect Designer to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Nottingham for an initial 3 months.
To Design systems in alignment with the overall architecture strategy, controlling the design impacts on cost, ensuring quality of solution while driven to deliver change as quickly as possible.
· Candidate to take on significant responsibility for the technical delivery of mid-scale (up to £1million), complex projects involving multiple additions/modifications to the architecture.
· Candidates to have supervisory responsibility for other Solution Engineers working on different work streams within the Project or Programme of Work and ensure that the design is coherent across those work streams.
· Experience designing Software Solutions is a must!
· Considerable experience of the full development lifecycle of complex large scale & multi-user applications, particularly CRM systems
· Solid understanding of Development processes
· Considerable experience of application development using at least three of the following tools on
- Oracle 10g/11g platforms within a commercial environment
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Design Patterns
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain technical details in non-technical terms, to influence senior stakeholders in the solution design, and to facilitate workshops and presentations in a confident manner.
- Experience of discussing and capturing requirements with business analysts and the user community
- Influencing skills both with peers and the user community in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software
- Extensive experience of working with application support functions to ensure a smooth and efficient handover of development work into a live environment
- Monitoring and research of emerging technologies within interest to the department and the ability to identify and demonstrate their value to the department
- Ability to Solve Problems quickly and competently
- Presentation and workshop management skills
- Extensive experience of working alongside system architects and data management functions to provide technical solutions within a mature and complex system architecture
- Experience of supplier liaison where development projects involve 3rd party technologies
- Exposure to a variety of development methodologies
· Experience of the Utilities industry
· Experience of large modular architectures
· Exposure to different development methodologies
· Experience of leadership in a development environment
· Experience of Front-End Graphical User Interface Design
· Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.