Software Application Project Manager
Daily rate range - £300 to £360
My client is seeking a Project Manager to join their Plymouth based team. The successful candidate will have naval or defence based background.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the requirements of assigned projects on time, to budget and to an acceptable level of quality
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using scheduling tools as directed by the PMO (Microsoft Project, Project Server, IFS or Primavera)
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Set, continually manage and communicate project expectations with team members and other stakeholders
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes
- Facilitate the creation and effective operation of a Project Board
- Develop and maintain client compliant documentation, including the production of regular highlight reports
- Develop and implement effective project communications
- Ensure the effective management of changes implemented during the project
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Manage the project budget, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate requests if necessary during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify, log and manage issues and risks associated with the project
- Proactively manage changes in project scope ensuring required changes and their impact are approved by the Project Board
- Monitor and communicate the progress against project success criteria throughout project life cycle
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Software application PM experience mandatory / Infrastructure desirable
- AGILE experience required
- Awareness of the ALM (Applications Lifecycle Management) process
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent software projects/assignments.
- Demonstrate experience in Stakeholder management and communications
Please submit your CV in the first instance.