Job Title: SharePoint Application Developer
Location: Farnborough, Berkshire
Role Type: Permanent
Travel: Rare - may need to visit various company sites.
Salary: Up to £50'000 dependent on experience
Importance: Urgent - start date ASAP
The Applications Developer is tasked to develop and maintains internal and external web solutions using Microsoft SharePoint and ASP.Net. This role is to develop new and existing web applications in line with IT strategy and organisational goals.
- Designing, developing, packaging and deploying SharePoint solutions to medium and large scale environments whilst ensuring that development is executed to the appropriate standards and processes.
- Production of high level and detailed design documentation, and peer review of designs and code
- Support the SharePoint and web application strategy and continuous improvement
- Manage client relationships with client stakeholders in a timely and professional manner.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other team members on SharePoint and web projects
- Act as technical expert in escalation of issues including providing 2nd & 3rd line support to resolve issues.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required
- Minimum of 5 years of overall SharePoint experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of developing solutions on SharePoint 2010/2013/office365
- Knowledge of basic SharePoint concepts such as Sites and Site Collections, SharePoint lists as well as new concepts such as Claims Based authentication and be able to develop in accordance with the standards, procedures and tools.
- A formal qualification at degree level, or an equivalent level of knowledge gained by practical work experience.
- Membership with a relevant professional body.
- Minimum of SC Security Clearance required.
- Excellent understanding of SharePoint 2010/2013/o365 functionality and development methods.
- Proficient in developing and configuring Microsoft SharePoint solutions such as Event Receivers, Custom Web parts, Custom Timer Jobs, Workflows etc.
- Strong .NET development skills (C#, ASP.NET, XML, Web Services, WCF, SQL Server, TFS 2012 & Visual Studio Online).
- Understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience of rolling out websites using SharePoint server.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills including review of existing systems, and transition to service for new systems.
- Exposure to complex InfoPath based solutions.
- Ability to troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience of using Windows PowerShell including using it to deploying SharePoint solutions across server environments.
- Experience of using Team Foundation Server with SharePoint solutions.
- Aware of unit testing frameworks.
- Experience of SharePoint migration from earlier to later versions, and data transfer between environments.