Our client, a leading IT Services provider, is looking for an Application Support Analyst to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Dunstable running for an initial 3 months.
Main purpose of the role:
The role is to work within a technical team providing technical services on Live Applications.
* Troubleshooting Incidents
* Providing pro-active technical analysis
* Identify, develop workarounds and/or fixes for deployment into Live.
* Support implementation and deployment of new releases into Live.
* Provide 24 * 7 * 365 technical services cover as part of an on-call/shift rota.
* Provide technical leadership to other members of the support team.
Key accountabilities and duties:
* Provide 2nd Line Triage Recovery Support (rotation basis)
* Provide 3rd Line Technical Services
* Follow internal and external processes and procedures.
* Recover service either by workaround or root cause fix within SLA
* Troubleshoot problems with the application working with development and test
* teams where/when required.
Skils - Essential:
* Proven development experience on Java/JEE using frameworks such as Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JSP, JSF
* Good working knowledge and experience with Oracle 10g or later with Oracle RAC
* Strong and proven experience of PL/SQL
* Knowledge/experience of XML, XSL, XSLT
* Experience with a track record in supporting large and complex applications within high availability/high volume environments.
* Must be able to work individually or within a team to ensure internal and external SLAs are met.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required for this role.
* Experience in a senior role, mentoring junior team members and offering technical leadership
Skils - Desirable:
* Experience within payments processing systems or finance/banking industry.
* Experience in supporting applications using different languages and/or character sets.
* Knowledge of Oracle Reports Developer or BI Publisher for creating reports.
* Knowledge of BEA WebLogic 10.x and above
* UAT Testing experience, with experience of working in an off shoring model.
* Ideally you will also have experience of working within process driven environments - ITIL.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance. For more information please contact Gemma Grayson on 0161 924 3949.