Location: Lakeside, North Harbour, Portsmouth
Salary: Up to £40,000 + benefits
An Application Packager is required to work for the UK's Leading Engineering Support Services Organisation as part of their Internal IS Division based in Portsmouth.
An experienced Application Packager is required to join an existing team to package, test and deploy custom and COTS applications for a large estate via AdminStudio/SCCM. You will be actively involved in BAU but also project work - including a Windows 10 migration.
You will be an experienced Packager who can join the team and hit the ground running; you will have previously been involved in Migration Projects as well as applications compatibility testing as well as the end to end applications packaging lifecycle process.
The successful candidate will be a confident self-motivated team player who is comfortable working across a multi-disciplined IT environment.
Key Technical Skills Required;
- Minimum 3 years' experience with packaging as primary role
- Experience in migration projects (ideally Windows 10)
- Experience in applications compatibility testing
- Experience in end to end applications packaging lifecycle process
- App-V 5.0 sequencing and conversion / OSD scripting
- MSI / MST packaging, Custom Actions and ICE validation
- AdminStudio 2014 / 2015
- SCCM 2012 / Current Branch
- Windows 7 / Windows 10 x64
- PowerShell / VBS / batch file Scripting
- Experience of additional packaging tools (e.g. sysinternals suite)
- Experience of packaging for thin client / Citrix servers
- Experience of packaging for and supporting large client base (5000+ users)
- Excellent planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Flexible can do attitude, with a positive customer focus
- Able to work under pressure
- Focused on quality and attention to detail
The successful candidate will hold Current SC Clearance or have previously held SC Clearance
For more information on this opportunity please send your CV to Gemma Roberts