Our Client is looking for a Application Development and Support Analyst to join their team in Derby on an initial 6 month contract
A complex role with the following key aspects:
- System implementations and upgrades
- Application development and enhancement
- Production support
- Business analysis, liaison and support
The role covers all aspects of the project lifecycle from solution specification/selection through to eventual support once you have implemented the system. The role requires functional and technical knowledge of multiple applications and technologies already in place at the clients, and ideally a good working knowledge of the retail and manufacturing industries.
Technically you will need a working knowledge of various Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems, networking and printing, as well as Oracle and SQLServer database skills and associated scripting and coding languages/tools.
- Sound technical ability.
- Good team player with ability to work across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects and support issues concurrently.
- Experience of retail and manufacturing business operations and functions.
- Approachable and amenable disposition.
- Good communication skills and ability to deal with colleagues on all levels.
- Ability to learn a broad range of systems run by the client.
- Must be a self-starter, able to prioritise issues, work without supervision and function well under pressure.
- Work with a logical approach to problem solving.
- Good Windows 7 knowledge.
- Willingness to learn new skills, new software, and new processes.
It is essential that the candidate has a good technical background but the majority of other skills would be obtained via "on the job training".
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.