Application Architect - Java - REST - DB2 - Mule ESB
Our client partners with a key sporting championship in the UK and is looking for an Application Architect to join their team.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide application/solution architecture of Phase 3 enhancements to the Sports Player Website, including effort estimation.
- Establish and lead a technical team to deliver the enhancements using Agile principles and an appropriate methodology.
- Assist onsite during the competition, supporting Player Website operations.
- Provide year-round assistance for Player Website related issues and support.
- Solution the transformation to Cloud of several client specific applications, including databases and reporting tools used by the team during the competition.
- Oversee work performed by the client and their third-party suppliers, and provide input and feedback on their application and integration designs.
- Agree and document architectural decisions.
- There is flexibility to allow remote working during the year, but working onsite at the site in Wimbledon will be needed during the competition and associated test/build up periods.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years' experience
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well under pressure and time constraints
- Good understanding of the Development lifecycle, build and deployment process
- Hands on experience of agile methods e.g. SCRUM
- Understanding of ITIL concepts
- Experience in the design and build of Java / JEE applications
- Experience in the design and build of REST APIs
- Experience in the design and build of relational databases, preferably DB2
- Experience in the design and build of high availability solutions
- Experience developing and deploying solutions using IBM Bluemix
- Experience designing integration architectures e.g. using Mule ESB
- Experience in the design and build of AngularJS web applications
Candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.