Android Developer / Android Engineer
Our client, a media giant, is currently looking to hire Android Developers to design and implement new features in existing Android applications, maintaining existing Android applications, and create prototypes of new technologies across Android devices The ideal candidates will join a well-established team in Leeds.
Our opportunity is not only exciting but teamed with the innovative technologies, which as a new team member can offer you an opportunity to grow and be part of the bigger picture long-term. This is an ideal role for those looking to make a positive impact within your area of expertise, embrace the chance to learn and develop with a view to becoming an expert in your field.
Skills and experience required:
- A keen interest in working on mobile applications for one of the UK's largest media companies
- Solid Android development experience with Java, android studio and the android SDK
- Broad experience of developing user interfaces, working with UX/UI designers
- A working understanding of the principles of managing development processes with an interest in agile development practices e.g. XP, Scrum
- Experience with unit testing Android applications
- Sound understanding of design and implementation patterns relevant to Android development and a solid understanding of the theory and practice of Object Oriented design and development
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- At least one application in the Play Store
- Ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please don't hesitate to forward me your CV so that we can get in contact about current and future opportunities at Experis. Applicants should submit their CV at the first instance.