A new opportunity has arisen for an Air Traffic Control Officer to join a leading FTSE 100 organisation based at RAF Wittering, Peterborough. Reporting to the Senior ATCA at RAF Wittering, the ATCO will be assisting in the provision and contract delivery of Air Traffic Services and Airfield Management Services to meet flying operations and other duties.
- Carry out all ATCO duties as required
- Ensure the integrity of the airfield is maintained at all times, that runways, surfaces, equipment and surrounding areas are fully serviceable and support safe operations.
- Ensure all legal, contract and business documentation in compiled correctly.
- Maintain SQEP to deliver training
- Support USMO duties including Safety Management Systems, processes and improvements. Risk Assessments and adjustments. Hazards logs, safety surveys and the ongoing training of all staff in these disciplines.
- When qualified, carry out OJTI duties. Ensuring standards and training delivery meets and exceeds requirements.
- Maintain personal competencies as an "on watch" controller.
- Carry out any other duties as required in support of the contract.
- Mentor new starters
Successful candidate requirements;
- ATC CAA license Aerodrome
- ATC CAA license Ground
- European Class 3 Medical (ATC) current
- Full valid UK driving license
- Experience of working in a military environment, preferably flying training.
- USMO qualified (desirable)
- OJTI (desirable)
- IT literate - MS Word, Excel.
- Meteorological Observer. (desirable)
- Customer focused
- Flexible approach
What's on offer?
- Flexible benefits package and pension scheme
- Part of a FTSE 100 Organisation
- Competitive Salary
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a well established and growing organisation!
Please Note; This site operates 40 hours over 5 days
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment