Agile Java Developer
Duration: Initial 3 Months
Rate: £339 per day
Our client is currently seeking an experienced Agile Java Developer to join their team in Slough on an initial 3 month contract basis. The successful candidate will have experience with pair programming, agile and continuous integration using JIRA, Gradle and Jenkins etc. You will be working in a cross functional development team working in an Agile extreme programming environment:
- Developing and enhancing the Online platform software
- Developing both server and client side software
- Working on cross functional websites such as ecommerce
- Adopt XP practices such as pair programming and TDD
The developer should maintain a keen awareness of the latest online web application development technologies. They will work closely with the business and will play a key role in communicating key principals such as user centred design, agile delivery and quality management.
- Mongo DB or any such doc store databases
- Development experience using Eclipse,IntelliJ, Spring/Struts
- Principles of distributed architectures built upon Java 1.6 technologies, design patterns,
- Some administrative knowledge of Solaris, Apache, Tomcat, Liferay, Gigaspaces and Alfresco.
- Experience of JSR168,(Portlets and Portal frameworks specifically on Spring Portlet MVC)
- Experience of Subversion and GitHub
- Experience of XP practices such as TDD, Mocking, Continuous Integration, Automated Functional Testing, Automated build and deploys
- Develop efficient and effective software solutions using technologies that are consistent with the client's technology strategy.
- Adapt existing software to meet changing needs of our customers and implement these in a controlled release, testing, user acceptance environment.
- Provide support on implemented solutions
- Might be asked to conduct code reviews
- Mentor other developers in the team
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Java/J2EE/Scala/Groovy programming technologies and open source tools.
- Have exposure to Mongo db or any such doc store databases
- Supply ideas for improvement of work practices tools and technologies
- To work collaboratively with members of the Online production, planning and content teams.
- To work collaboratively and share experiences with our Technology groups working on similar technical environment
Please Submit CV's in the first instance / Contact Louise Butler to discuss further on 0161 924 3647