Our client, a leading IT Services Provider, is looking for an Active Directory Engineer to join their team.
This is a contract position based in Hook running initially until March 2017.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates must be SC Cleared or be willing to undergo the processes to obtain clearance.
- Responsible for producing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Has sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise.
- Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Understands a broad spectrum of client technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Understands the client Portfolio and how to apply it to engineered solutions.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learnings are documented Knowledge sharing and reuse within practice or profession.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates the use of consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing.
- Ability to conduct/lead oral status/technical interchange meetings with customers on small to medium sized engagements.
- Owns and contributes to the technical design of customer solutions. Ability to translate technical details into concise and easy to understand written form. Ability to write relevant components of a proposal document (e.g. answer specific RFP questions). Ability to translate verbal requirements from face to face client meetings into requirements documents, statements of work, and proposals.
- Able to discuss (within own area of expertise) requirements with the customer, and to challenge and clarify when appropriate. From the requirements, able to develop a high level design or plan, and then estimate the amount of effort required to deliver. Able to advise the engagement owner about the risks associated with this work package.
- Ability to work with a team to provide written responses to technical proposals and /or reports/documentation for delivery to tech lead/project manager.
- Demonstrates an specialist understanding of several Active Directory and other complementary technologies, including:
- Directory Services
- Group Policy
- IP addressing and routing
- Site component topology
- Forest operations and topology
- Active Directory distributed file system
- File replication services
- Client interactions
- Active Directory Certificate Services / PKI
- Rights Management Services
- Active Directory Federated Services
- ADAM/Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
- Functional skills in basic protocol analysis
- LDAP / X500
- Holds Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and/or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification in Microsoft Server platform related disciplines..
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.