Access Project Planner
£41,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience + £4915 car allowance and 5% discretionary bonus.
25 Days Holiday + Pension + Flexible Benefits
Bristol Based + travel requirements.
I recruit for a FTSE 100 organisation and the largest provider of engineering support for Network Rail. We are now seeking to recruit a career focused individual as an Access Project Planner.
Heading a team of Short Term Planners (based in Bristol) and Possession Planners (based in Bristol, Eastleigh and Newport), you will be responsible for the accurate updating and management of the programmes in accordance with company procedure, along with the distribution of said programme outputs as directed by the Programme Development Manager.
- Ensure all haulage and On Track Machine requirements (incl. ground staff, loads examination, etc) is submitted through NROL including South Access are secured in accordance with contract programmes from the point of Development to completion of site works. Liaise with renewals teams and access planners to ensure the requirements for engineering trains and On Track Machines are accommodated.
- Provide information on the status of all haulage and on track machine applications on a regular basis to all planning staff and the Programme Development Manager.
- Attend Whiteboard meetings when needed with the Renewals Teams to provide haulage information and obtain look ahead information and re-submit haulage requirements in the light of project change control (variations/compensation events) and re-work.
- Provide the Interface between designated Renewals Teams, Access, OTM Planners and Network Rail, NSC to support a comprehensive and effective haulage planning service
- Ensure that all Network Rail planning timescales and the organisations procedures are complied with and keeping adequate records to support change control.
- Assist with and where directed, attend all relevant Network Rail Haulage and On Track Machine planning meetings/telephone conferences required by the client representing the organisations requirements.
- Maintain a liaison with the Development teams, Long Term Access and Programme Development Manager and Network Rail, NSC in respect of all haulage planning issues and ensure timely response to all the client's enquiries and instructions within the terms of the contract.
- Liaise with the Construction / Project Managers following works to determine any causes, changes, disruption to site works through failure of haulage resources. Ensure appropriate responsibility is agreed with Network Rail in accordance with NSC procedures.
Minimum requirements are:
- Ideally at least 3 years experience of access planning or track renewals experience within the rail environment.
- In depth knowledge of resource planning software applications, principally NROL.
- Extensive knowledge of operational railway and associated Safety Procedures.
- Understands the need to introduce best practice and a continuous improvement culture.
- Able to take decisions on all matters that have an important long term effect
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo in pursuit of business excellence.
- Achievement orientated - adopts thoughtful, determined approach in pursuit of goals.
- Has a 'can do/will-do' attitude.
- Takes responsibility for own development, actively pursues learning and career development opportunities; seeks out and feeds back on own performance.
Salary & Benefits:
- £41,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience + £4915 car allowance + 5% discretionary bonus.
- 37 Hours per week. Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to develop their career within a large multinational corporation. If you are interested please apply online or Beshley Isaacs on .