Lecturer (Thermodynamics) - Portsmouth
An excellent opportunity has just recently become available with my Client; The UK's largest provider of training support to the Ministry of Defence. They are looking to bring in an instructor who will be required to manage and instruct military and civilian personnel in Thermodynamics, Engineering and Mathematics.
Main responsibilities will include:
* Instructing and teaching academic modules to Foundation Degree level in accordance with instructional requirements
* Courses mainly focused on Engineering with a level of basic Mathematics
* Invigilating of examinations and marking assessments
* Provide performance reports on students
* Being a Subject Matter Expert in respect to Thermodynamics
* Instruction of additional subjects may be required consistent with qualifications and experience
A successful applicant will have:
* HNC/HND qualification in Engineering or Mathematics discipline
* Strong background and experience within relevant engineering disciplines
* Experience of delivering training or working in a lead position training junior staff
* Good background in Mechanical Engineering
* The ability to confidently instruct and verbalise to a class
* The ability to demonstrate effective planning and teaching in a learning environment
The ideal candidate will have both a technical background and a formal instructor/lecturer Level 4 Qualification however instructor/lecturer training and qualifications will be provided.
Competitive salary and employee benefits package, great team working opportunities and a chance to drive continuous improvement in the training of the British Armed Forces as part of an organisation which already ranks as the very best in the world.
If this is something of interest to you and would like to find out more about this great opportunity, please apply within!!